This employer requests that only candidates within 100 miles of Machesney Park, IL apply to this job.
You appear to be located near Ashburn, VA, more than 100 miles from Machesney Park, IL.
Please be aware of this if you choose to apply for this job.
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 18 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 8 major segments with businesses in 56 countries that employ approximately 51,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 10,000 active patents.
Shakeproof Automotive Products (SAP) serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal/cold headed fasteners totaling approximately $175M in revenues. Units include: Bedford, OH, Elk Grove, Elgin, Machesney Park, IL, and Darlington, WI. The metals division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, Shakeproof Automotive Products (SAP) enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by…
• Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
• Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
• Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
Our project engineers are critical members of our Plant Core Teams, including the Plant Manager, Production Control, Manufacturing, Finance,
Human Resources and Quality. They are the owners of our Product and Process Development (i.e. APQP process in automotive industry) and lead new product launches within their plants. Our Project Engineers impact our P&L directly through on-time and quality launches and by leading continuous improvement projects within the plant that drive our KPIs. To achieve this
requires frequent and effective communication with Sales, Manufacturing,
Quality, Finance, Customer Service and our customers.
Improve manufacturing efficiency and solve production and quality issues
• Use lean techniques to reduce waste and improve manufacturing performance
• Work side by side with production to trouble-shoot manufacturing concerns.
• Support Quality in addressing and driving root cause analysis of customer concerns.
• Responsible for evaluating the customer’s dimensional, mechanical, material, finish, heat treat and performance requirements and develops into a proper set of manufacturing and quality paperwork including product prints, tool prints, bill of materials, routing, inspection test requirements, finish requirements, and special gage design.
• Collaborate cross functionally with Production, Maintenance, Quality and Finance to identify, monitor and continuously improve key performance drivers.
• Maintain and establish engineering standards.
• Establish and share best practices across all plants.
• Collaborate across engineering teams across all of metal fastener plants.
New Product Quotation, Feasibility & Launch
• Lead activities associated with New Product Launches (i.e. APQP in automotive) from quoting through the successful completion of quality records (such as PPAP) and launch. Drive timeline and resolution of issues with cross-functional team.
• Interface with the sales, engineering, accounting, and vendors to gather or clarify information needed.
• Collaborate with manufacturing to develop manufacturing prints and establish controls and operational limits for operators.
• Create 2D and/or 3D models heading and rolling tools used in manufacturing of metal fasteners
• Create process routing for newly awarded business.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry; product and/or tooling development for metal manufacturing (fastener) experience preferred.
• Experience in automotive industry is highly beneficial.
• Working knowledge of APQP or equivalent gated product development processes.
• Working knowledge of lean techniques.
• Equivalent experience with front office support to customer service, manufacturing or engineering.
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office software products.
• Strong experience with 2D and 3D CAD software; preferably SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
• Ability to read technical drawings and specifications & a basic knowledge of metal manufacturing practices.
• Skilled in document management, organization and prioritization
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment and show flexibility.
• Proven ability to deal with changes in a business environment.
• Aptitude to multi-task while maintaining highest levels of accuracy.
• Proven ability to focus and prioritize tasks and objectives.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the willingness to communicate and work with other departments and disciplines.
• Proven ability to work on a team while generating respect and trust from staff as well as external customers.
• Personal accountability and inner drive to understand, communicate, and exceed established goals